The Mission provides safe, comfortable lodging and showers for individuals who find themselves without shelter and needing a place to rest and get out of the elements. These guests might be transients passing through the area, some are people struggling as they work to get back on their feet and a few others are individuals that choose to join our discipleship program and become accountable in several areas of their life.
At our Men’s Facility we have space for 70 men, and in our Women & Children’s Facility we can accommodate 48 women & children.
The Union Gospel Mission serves three nutritious meals every day of the year with special dinners provided on Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and on other unique occasions. These meals are free to the public and are served at 6:15AM, 12:00 NOON, and 6:00PM
We have seen an increase in the number of meals provided recently; in 2011 we served a total of 75,187 meals, in 2012 that number increased to 83,144 meals, and in 2013 we expect to see total meals provided reach close to 90,000!
- THOMAS F MORSE CENTER: Adult learning, education, and employment services center. Open to any one who would like to receive assistance in getting a GED, job skills, and computer literacy.
- VIDEO MINISTRY: Christian videos shown daily.
- YOUTH MINISTRY: Vacation Bible Time and camp opportunities.
- CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENTS
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Mission representatives select families in need and assist them with food & hygiene boxes, quilts, clothing, footwear, or a Christmas tree and decorations.
- MEDICAL CLINIC: Staffed by USD student nurses, Community Health & Resident Doctors.
- LAMPLIGHTERS: Men and women gather monthly to hear about the ministry, how they can assist, and relay this information to others.
Make a Donation